7.3 KML Survey
An XML-based format called Keyhole Markup Language (KML) is used to store geographic information and related material. Access to the most recent geographic data is essential due to the ongoing change in land use. It is becoming increasingly important to be able to access a KML file on both desktop and mobile devices when comparing the many flight planning software solutions. This helps drone pilots by providing them with the most pertinent information to ensure a mission is completed effectively and without expensive mistakes.
AeroGCS KEA 2.3 allow the user to import a KML file for the survey. Select the mission plan labeled as KML Survey from the list. Select a .kml file from your local computer to use for a survey. The following are the steps to complete this process.
1. Select KML Survey mission plan while creating the mission plan as shown.
- 2.Select the appropriate .kml file from the computer as shown.
Selection of ,kml file
- 3.Click on 'Open' button to use the selected file.
- 4.Enter the speed of a drone in speed window. Then the plan will be loaded and displayed on the screen as shown.
KML file uploaded
- 5.Set the desired parameters for camera details such as type of camera, sensor height and width, image height and width, focal length, front and side overlap, turnaround distance, starting point, etc. similar to a normal survey plan.
- 6.Enter the value of altitude for flying a drone. Set all other required parameters such as cross grid, add rally, etc.
- 7.Save the plan after setting all the parameters. Proceed for a flight.
KML Survey plan on Flyview
- 8.Give the "Takeoff" command to fly the drone on the plan.
- 9.Complete the mission plan and see the logs generated.